1touch.io + Privacy+Security Forum
1touch.io will be exhibiting and sponsoring this year’s Privacy + Security Fall Academy on October 21-23, 2020
The Era of Digital Transformation: Building A Privacy and Security Practice in the Ever-Changing Landscape
This has been the year of digital transformation and adapting to new risks we never expected. This increased use of new technologies, combined with more and diverse personal data being collected, stored, and used, has catapulted us into a new era of privacy risk considerations.
Join us for a panel discussion on key considerations for the privacy leaders and best practices to align privacy and security strategies for business growth. We will share practical advice on how to build a sustainable data discovery program and how to build a privacy-first culture within your organization. Join our panel discussion to learn about:
- Some of the main challenges privacy and security leaders are facing today
- CCPA, GDPR, LGPD and more: how to keep up with increasing regulations scrutiny
- Best practices to aligning privacy and security principles with the organization’s overall data strategy
- Data privacy – an integral part of any digital transformation project. Why should it always be a foundation of any digital transformation setting your teams for success
Schrems II and the Future of Data in Motion
The recent “Schrems II” judgment invalidated the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield, and now companies are scrambling to navigate how to handle cross-border data transfers going forward. Thousands of companies have leveraged the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield as a legal mechanism when transferring personal data from the European Union to the United States. This ruling affects businesses of all sizes and sectors that process EU data, impacting how personal data is collected and shared across country borders. In our networking session, you will learn:
- Background of the “Schrems II” court case and ruling.
- How many companies have been impacted by Schrems so far?
- What legal options companies have beyond Privacy Shield?
- How can companies monitor cross-border data flows and ensure compliance with appropriate laws and regulations?
- What is the long-term impact of this ruling?
- What are some practical tips for organizations to prepare for additional potential legal actions?
Won’t be at this year’s Privacy + Security Forum?
Don’t worry! we will record the sessions just for you. Sign up below to receive an email from us.