In IT risk assessments, organizations attempt to identify security risks and assess the threat they pose, to mitigate risks, and prevent security incidents and compliance failures. Risk assessments are typically a very manual process where businesspeople and application owners and infrastructure owners are sent questionnaires asking what information, data, etc. is on their systems.
The problems with this process are many:
- Lack of confidence in security control coverage due to incomplete PII inventory
- Dynamic security risk due to constantly changing inventory, infrastructure, strategy, data owners
- Highly manual, error-prone, incomplete identification and inventory of sensitive personal data
- Forced acceptance of PII risk due to incomplete visibility
- Security slows down the business because of strict data governance requirements
- Default security controls too stringent and costly because of lack of granular data context
- Security events/alerts can be difficult to prioritize without data asset business context
How We Help
1touch.io Inventa is the premier solution for data discovery and data classification of sensitive data at scale.
Inventa brings quantitative data context to risk assessments, while reducing dependence on time-intensive, error-prone manual input from the business to identify where PII resides.
Inventa captures PII on the network and identifies repositories for scanning, scans candidate repositories for a detailed understanding of the PII contained, and then classifies and consolidates the PII for a unified view of primary PII and related copies wherever they exist across the enterprise. 1touch.io continuously monitors the network for PII and describes the flow of PII for validation and/or investigation.
With Inventa as a component of your risk assessments, you get:
- Full, fast and continuous visibility into sensitive personal data across the enterprise
- Controls applied appropriately based on sensitive data context
- Notification when sensitive data falls outside of policy
- Incident prioritization that includes sensitive data context
- Faster breach response that leverages data inventory for scope, threat hunting, and notification
- Removal of unnecessary copies of PII
- More independence from business owners for data discovery and classification